cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving your photos

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you find One Drive or DropBox too difficult to use to back up your photos & videos. There is another way. Create a album on your FaceBook page & upload them there

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

mmmmm if you can do this, you can use drop box, google drive and onedrive.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im talking about if you do not have access to a pc or laptop device

Message 3 of 7

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

sure, but you still need some technicalknowledge to set up and upload to a facebook folder. I know windows phones back up phones automatically and im sure android does. You can set up onedrive to backup your android phones too, but again you need some technical knowledge.

Maybe we could create some guides for the various backup services?

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You dont need tech know how. You just upload the photos as you would normally do in the photos section

Message 5 of 7

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Right.. and what I am saying is if you know how to do that, it's not a strength to figure out how to upload to the various back up service. But perhaps a short guide on each one would be useful? No? I am happy to write up the windows phone guides if you want to do the same for android.

Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I for one would not use facebook to store photos as they compress them and do not keep the original file format unlike dropbox and onedrive.

I am now using onedrive as the main off pc storage as I have 1TB of storage there and my new digital slr (that links by wifi to my iphone/ Ipad) Takes picrures that are in jpeg between 10-12mb a file or raw files of approx 22mb.

So when out and about if I want to share a photo low res Facebook is fine but I can always send a link to the public folder on dropbox or onedrive to let people have the full high res image (great for printing on a4 etc)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7