Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung confirms Galaxy Fold is returning in September

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung is relaunching the Galaxy Fold really soon. The company has announced that they have completed its redesign and the foldable smartphone will be available to consumers starting from September in select markets, with availability details to follow as we get closer to the launch.

What has Changed?

Samsung claims it now strengthened the top and bottom hinge area with newly added protection caps. Since there was a chance of dust and small object entering the hinge area, the new Galaxy Fold will feature additional protection for that too.

Another issue that bothered many of us was the gap that was between the two sides when the Galaxy Fold was closed. Samsung reported that it has been reduced and we can’t wait to see what changed.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree people are entitled to spend their money on what they want. I would choose not to spend that on a phone. I don't use a phone as much as many others.

Some people choose to have a new car every couple of years, others (like me) preferred to buy an apartment in Spain. Each to their own.

I still say £2k is a ridiculous price to pay for a phone. Drop it and you are done for....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Absolutely agree 100% that it's a ridiculous price, but hey, Apple started it 😂
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

2K mm...2 Caribbean cruises...rainbow

And memories which will last a lifetime.

I have friends who do 2 cruises a year. They also have an apartment in Spain. Again, their choice.

I think they have old Nokia phones. smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

2K mm...2 Caribbean cruises...rainbow

And memories which will last a lifetime.

I have friends who do 2 cruises a year. They also have an apartment in Spain. Again, their choice.

I think they have old Nokia phones. smiling

Now that is the way to live your life and spend your hard earned money thumbsup

Message 15 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I, as you know @Cleoriff, use my phone for everything but there's no way, even if I could afford it, I would spend £2K on a phone, even Samsung.

And yes @MI5 people spend what they can afford, I totally agree. But you and I both know that the people who will be rushing out to buy this phone, are for the most part wanting to show off to their friends. And many will go into debt to have the latest phone, again to show off. I think it will be the rare person that buys this phone because they're into new technology.

Personally I could think of other, more important things to spend £2K on then a phone, no matter how wonderful it is, new tech and all.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It’s a good job no manufacturer ever listened to you lot or we’d be still using trim phones lol 😂

I’ve just started using my landline again. I’d forgotten how good they are  wink

It’s a long time since I’ve enjoyed such reliability in terms of call quality. It’s how mobile phones should be if the networks could finally sort out the coverage. WiFi calling shouldn’t be necessary, and isn’t always a reliable solution. 

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I'm all for new technology. Not when it cost £2k for a phone though....

I wouldn’t even spend half that amount on something that I’m likely to lose or drop. And frankly, it represents too much of a compromise, as it’s neither the best phone or the best tablet  Smiley Indifferent

Message 18 of 18