Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung confirms Galaxy Fold is returning in September

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung is relaunching the Galaxy Fold really soon. The company has announced that they have completed its redesign and the foldable smartphone will be available to consumers starting from September in select markets, with availability details to follow as we get closer to the launch.

What has Changed?

Samsung claims it now strengthened the top and bottom hinge area with newly added protection caps. Since there was a chance of dust and small object entering the hinge area, the new Galaxy Fold will feature additional protection for that too.

Another issue that bothered many of us was the gap that was between the two sides when the Galaxy Fold was closed. Samsung reported that it has been reduced and we can’t wait to see what changed.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
If you've got a couple of grand to waste, go right ahead. It will be nothing more than a novelty until there's competition in the market from other manufacturers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Nope, not interested @Bambino. For a start I don't have a couple of grand to waste, and I'm quite happy with my S10+. 

Bet there'll be fools rushing out to buy though, always out for the latest thing on the market. Good luck to them.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

If I wanted a tablet I would buy one. Not in the slightest bit interested in this gimmicky piece of equipment really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It’s a good job no manufacturer ever listened to you lot or we’d be still using trim phones lol 😂
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It’s a good job no manufacturer ever listened to you lot or we’d be still using trim phones lol 😂

When you get your Samsung Fold then @MI5 ...come back and let us know what you think? A review would be splendid Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm happy with my OP6 but I'm not going to have a dig at anyone who wishes to embrace new technology wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm happy with my OP6 but I'm not going to have a dig at anyone who wishes to embrace new technology wink

I'm all for new technology. Not when it cost £2k for a phone though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Why would that bother you though?
You can buy a car for 2 million or 2 grand. People buy what they can afford but some of the tech in the 2 mill car will be available in the 2 grand one next year....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18