Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung and huawei and others

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Given the choice between these 5 handsets. Which would you get based in your own opinion

Huawei p20 pro
Samsung galaxy note 9
Samsung Galaxy S9 plus
LG G7
LG v30

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

CaptainSlow88
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mate 20 Pro or Samsung Note 9.

I upgraded from the S8+ to Mate 20 Pro and the increase in speed and snappiness is incredible. Multitasking is a breeze. I thought the lack of a headphone jack was going to be a major issue (as any publication I read made it out to be that) but the included USB C to headphone adapter makes it work grand. Camera is also very good if you're into that, definitely miles above the competition.

Message 21 of 24

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@CaptainSlow88 wrote:

Mate 20 Pro or Samsung Note 9.

... I thought the lack of a headphone jack was going to be a major issue (as any publication I read made it out to be that) but the included USB C to headphone adapter makes it work grand. ...

I found the same with the Huawei P20 Pro.  My only issue with it though is when I'm at work, I listen to music while I work, and if my battery is running low, I can't charge and listen to music the same time unless I use bluetooth headphones.

Thanks

Steve
Message 22 of 24

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@anticpated if you do decide to get the s9+ I recommend going on Amazon and ordering a USB c to 3.5 adaptor it's on Amazon about 23 pound it goes into the USB c port and you plug your earphones to it and the sound is so much better
Message 23 of 24

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

LG seem to be equipping their handsets with better DAC's. To be honest, I rather put my money into a Fiio X3 III or X7 which is a pure music player. I realise that smartphones have to put a compromise somewhere when it comes design decisions. 

Apple try to make things as good as possible in their designs and then charge a premium. I typically listen to FLAC format and 320K MP3. After 256K it makes no real difference but the difference is roughly 2.5 times better than a 128K MP3 at 64Kbps per channel.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 24 of 24