cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Soul weird text message

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep getting a weird text message on my phone from the number 200 - with the message 020. Everytime I delete it, i keep getting more. Any idea what this message means?

Cheers
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Try replying with STOP or STOP ALL. Have you been buying anything like ringtones or games using your phone to pay?

You may be getting charged to receive these, so check you account.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no option to reply to the text message. And they seem to always come through when i receive other text messages.
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Hi Lise, I can't find anything on this. I hope you are not getting any charges for these.
Have you signed up for any services like ring-tones? Only thing I can suggest is ring Customer Services and check it's nothing from them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. 😞
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Sounds like you have got cell broadcast reception switched on and it is telling you the local area dialling code (020) where you are.

I don't know Samsung phones so you will need to play with it or, dare I say, read the manual grin
#siwy
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks have turned the broadcasting messages off - seems to be working!

Cheers
Message 6 of 6