cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7/ S7 edge Android Oreo update..when?

zubs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung started rolling out Android Oreo today in the UK for BTU unlocked handsets. Reports that Vodafone has also started to push out update. Does anybody know how long before O2 start pushing out the update?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
@Chris_K is the only one with info.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Stevoc19
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If past experience is anything, don't hold your breath.
Message 3 of 24

Jordanw999
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm guessing it's gonna be a fairly long wait as Vodafone is the only network to add Oreo to there devices already (besides unlocked handsets). I'm thinking of getting my device unlocked from online so it's cheaper that going to 02 directly.. Just so I can get the oreo update without the long a** wait from the network provider.

Message 4 of 24

Ratty2016
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One of the main features to the updating system in Oreo makes it easier for implementing updates so that carriers don't need to spend so much time testing to make sure that the update isn't going to break something.

This is why Vodafone has been so quick to release the update, I guess the other carriers including o2 didn't get the memo on this feature.

Message 5 of 24

Sandythehippy
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I asked a guy in o2 chat yesterday... jokers! Said u had to contact Samsung as o2 have no hand in such things. Told him Samsung UK chat sent me to my provider(o2) and then he said it's may but no date available
Message 6 of 24

zubs
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Similar story to when they launched Android Nougat. I have sent a PM to @Chris_K for a response...

Message 7 of 24

Sandythehippy
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I think as long as the csc is one listed on the SoC it's fine, not sure. But the only csc listed on mine are o2u,via and xec. Will just hold off me thinks just in case
Message 8 of 24

Ratty2016
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@zubs Thank you, hopefully we will get an answer soon

Message 9 of 24

Jordanw999
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Flashed the BTU Android 7.0 s7 version then OTA to 8.0 and it worked !!!!!
Message 10 of 24