cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7/ S7 edge Android Oreo update..when?

zubs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Samsung started rolling out Android Oreo today in the UK for BTU unlocked handsets. Reports that Vodafone has also started to push out update. Does anybody know how long before O2 start pushing out the update?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

zubs
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you are not contracted to O2 then update it to Oreo, took about 10 mins. Just restoring now. 🙂

Do it, really so easy and removes your CSC flag, so any future updates will be quick.

Message 11 of 24

S7productcode
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What do you mean by contracted to o2 and if we did flash update then would our phone come up as unlocked or rooted?
Message 12 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@S7productcode wrote:
What do you mean by contracted to o2 and if we did flash update then would our phone come up as unlocked or rooted?

@S7productcode Unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to discuss flashing of firmware on the O2 forum.

I suggest you visit https://forum.xda-developers.com/ for technical discussion and advice.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 24

S7productcode
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just talked to o2 chat and they've done just said it's nothing to do with them it's the manufacturers. But Samsung directed me to O2
Message 14 of 24

S7productcode
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They are saying they haven't been given the update yet to send out to us
Message 15 of 24

Sandythehippy
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah in my experience don't believe a word from chat about anything to be fair... 2 different chats will give you completely different answers
Message 16 of 24

Sandythehippy
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Told me to contact Samsung... when I told them I was sent here by Samsung guy said oh yeah... this month it's coming
Message 17 of 24

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its taking forever, its a joke. My next phone will a) be unlocked and b) will be Android One.
Message 18 of 24

macsafc73
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My S7 updated last night to Oreo, not really tested yet however does seem a lot smoother and faster, update was around 1.3gb, this also included April security patch, wife's S7 edge also updated this too was around 1.3gb in size

Message 19 of 24

Sandythehippy
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You seem to be the only person from o2 to receive it lol. As a matter of interest Can i ask what csc you are?( Dial *#1234# or check under software provider in About Phone settings)
Message 20 of 24