cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Edge screen defect

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just noticed a small vertical line (between 3 - 4mm) in the center of my screen on my S7 Edge.

The line appears red and green and changes in brightness depending on the pixel colour displayed on its position. So on a white screen with full brightness it stands out like a sore thumb, but on a dark screen it is less so.

This is slightly annoying as the phone is fairly new (purchased end of March) and I have never had an issue like this with any of my previous phone, over the course of their usage.

What are my options here; replacement, repair? Warranty, insurance?

Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to send it to Samsung under the warranty. Don't be tempted to allow O2's repairers loose on it.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to send it to Samsung under the warranty. Don't be tempted to allow O2's repairers loose on it.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Speak to Samsung and they will advise on the best course of action.
You may be out of time for a replacement but you should certainly get a repair at the very least.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, if I do contact their support, will they supply a temporary phone, or a replacement if repairs are not possible?
Message 4 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Samsung won't supply a temporary phone, but they will replace it under warranty if it can't be repaired.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks i have sent Samsung an email.
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You may get a faster response from a phone call? @Anonymous

Sam support.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Rather than posting your phone off to Samsung @Anonymous, it may be easier for you to search to see if they have a Service Location close to you http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/. This way it can be repaired a lot quicker, in many of them you can walk in without having to book an appointment. 

It's unlikely you'll be asked for proof of purchase as the device is still relatively new to the market, O2 can supply you with this though if required.

Samsung Smart Switch is something you may want to download to your computer first, if you want to back up any data on the phone, in case you should be supplied with a new one http://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-switch/

Depending on stock, your local O2 store may be able to supply you with a loan phone if you don't have any spare phones at home (it won't be anything fancy). They'll also be able to supply SIM adapters if needed to fit into a spare phone. 

Hope this helps

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit short for time at the moment at work (yes I know I am replying on the forum, shhh). I will see if they get back to me soonish, if not call up to clarify my situation and get action on this sooner. Thanks slight_smile
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion phonedoc, might head over to the oxford street store later if I can make it.

Message 10 of 19