Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 plus discount

Garyph19777
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, interested to know if I'm just being over sensitive or if there is a genuine case to be annoyed.... 

I've just noticed the Samsung s10 plus has been heavily discounted by £200. Not only Is this a kick in the teeth for the loyal o2/Samsung customers who purchased the phone on its release in March, but a heavy discount so soon means that a lot of us still have more outstanding left to pay than you can currently get the phone for....

Now I know that items get discounted and that is just life, it's just it seems quite a heavy discount so soon after release...thoughts ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Garyph19777  Luck of the draw, I'm afraid. Sometimes it's the price you pay for being an early adopter. We're all customers, so all anyone here could do would be to sympathise.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly it is indeed a matter of you pay the price of being one of the first with the phones.

Any retailer can set a discount to whatever they like, there is no doubt O2 are taking a slight loss on the handset costs on this one, but will be making it up with the airtime plans / increase in number of customers.

There are some other relatively new handsets on discount at the moment as well. Just last month the £200 discount was against the standard S10, this month they're changed it to be the S10+ and the S10 is full price again.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's just a fact of life unfortunately. Buying at launch is the advantage of having the phone first before your peers. Wait 6 months and the price is reduced once new products are launched as an inducement to buy.

Buy a new car and once the car leaves the shwroom, the value drops by a thousand pounds plus...you owe more than the car is worth in reality.

Message 4 of 4