Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S20+ vs Galaxy S20 Ultra

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

I was in London on Friday and decided to go into the Samsung Store on Oxford Street to actually get a proper hands on with these handsets instead of just looking at them fixed to a table in the mobile operators stores. I actually wanted to pick these things up and see how they felt in the hand and what I was to expect from the cameras etc.

I've got to say that I really was leaning towards getting the S20 Ultra before my visit but since my visit, that has now changed and I'm now leaning towards the S20+ and here's why.

Upon holding the S20 Ultra, it felt extremely uncomfortable in my hand and I couldn't reach the top of the screen at all with my thumb when holding it one handed.

I hated the ugly looking camera on the back, it was covered in fingerprint smudges and looked disgusting - my pet hate is smudges on phones and for me it always looks worse on anything that's black. That camera sticks right out, it's huge and no case is ever gonna go over that so it's always gonna be full of smudges. If you hate that as much as I do, you're gonna want to think twice about getting it.

Also the phone is very thick. It just lacked that lovely slim feel we've become accustomed to with our Samsung flagship devices.

I wasn't impressed with it's main selling point, the 12x zoom. After cleaning the camera lens with a little cloth, I decided to take some pics. The pics looked good until I started zooming to 12x, the pics were looking very pixelated, not something I was expecting from this model. I even asked the staff member to take some for me as I thought I may have been doing something wrong. Her pics were also coming out the same when zoomed in 12x.

Another thing to note here is the expense. The price tag is very steep for this model and in my opinion, it isn't worth it.

I then moved on to the S20+

Believe it or not the zoom on this model seemed to turn out better photos, maybe that's because it doesn't zoom to 12x but either way, they weren't pixelated which was a great bonus.

The S20+ has a more compact camera lens and doesn't look so offensive to look at. It still has a great quality camera that's better than what's on the previous S10 models.

It still feels slim and sleek to hold. I love this! I just think a phone has got to feel comfortable in one hand because you don't always have two free hands to hold your phone!

The price is also better on this device as it isn't quite as steep as the S20 Ultra.

Both devices come with free Galaxy Buds+ when you preorder from O2 before 8th March (5G models).

This is my view from the experience I had in store at checking out these live models.

Hopefully this may help in making a decision for some of you that are interested.

Thanks. slight_smile

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can but the S11 was rumoured to be a natural progression but Samsung for some reason decided the flagship would be the S20.

Stupid then!!rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I can but the S11 was rumoured to be a natural progression but Samsung for some reason decided the flagship would be the S20.

Stupid then!!rofl

Yup! wink

Message 12 of 12