Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 10 / One UI 2.0 update problems

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I got my update pushed through on my O2 branded software version last week.

I decided to update this morning and I encountered some problems which I've now resolved so I thought I'd share what I did in case anyone else has the same issues.

After updating, Google Play Store was closing when I went to 'my apps and games' so I couldn't update any apps.

Gallery had no photos and was empty.

Samsung Music contents were missing.

Chrome wouldn't work,

Samsung internet was crashing.

The phone was really hot to the point where it was almost burning my hand.

The screen became totally unresponsive.

So firstly, I rebooted the phone.

I then went into 'Settings' then into 'Apps' and found these offending apps that were playing up and cleared the app's cache (I didn't clear the data).

Then I rebooted my phone again.

Went back into settings and made sure that Samsung Cloud sync was turned on.

The phone was still hot so I turned the phone off completely and left it off for half an hour until the phone felt cool again.

Switched it back on and everything was performing fine and has been fine since.

So glad I didn't have to faff about doing a software reset as I really didn't want to tongue

My Music contents and my Gallery contents are all back.

The battery does seem to be lasting longer than it did before the update so far so I'm pretty pleased with it.

The new update is rather lovely too. The phone just looks nicer to me. I may post a review about the update once I know what's what and I've been though it all so keep your eyes peeled slight_smile

Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

JAZZ-trad
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That sounds terrifying @SamsungFanBoy
Thanks though for posting the event sure the details will be very important.
Message 3 of 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
To save bit more battery go to settings display then use dark mode and also chrome://flags/ type that into chrome and time dark and then the first 2 options you have turn on in chrome then sites will be dark or you could just use samsung browser and change to dark on that you might also want to use accu battery to get a look at your old like battery stats as it's been changed now ye you did the best way to fix phone
Message 4 of 8

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@liggerz87 I've always had my phone in permanent dark mode as the original Samsung Galaxy phones always had dark menus anyway and it's something which I preferred over white and it suits the Super AMOLED display better.

My default browser is Samsung but I also use Chrome as well. I don't use the dark themes on them though as sometimes websites can just look weird.
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks @SamsungFanBoy for this helpful info! Glad to hear you managed to sort out the initial issues with the update.

Looking forward to checking out the review once you've had a chance to go through it all. thumbsup

Message 6 of 8

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank for the update @SamsungFanBoy now I know what expect when my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5 has a update to Android 10 round July time.
LGreenwood
Message 7 of 8

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I have the Galaxy Tab S5e, looking forward to the Android 10 update on it slight_smile
Message 8 of 8