Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book S incoming with Snapdragon 855 and Windows 10

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There was a mysterious Samsung device on Geekbench running Windows with an Octa-core CPU and judging by the 2.84GHz clock it was the Snapdragon 855, now Evan Blass, a well known source for leaked information around Android products, has confirmation that a Galaxy Book S is in the works.

The Geekbench listing dosen't reveal much. What we can gather from this is the model number SM-W767, which suggests that it's a Galaxy Book 2 successor and that it supports Bluetooth 5.0. It's also upgrading from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM as per the Geekbench score sheet.

keep in mind that the results from Geekbench aren't accurate as the device is clearly still in its testing stage, especially with that 32-bit OS running.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for sharing @TheGreyApe - are you interested in learning more about this one going forward? I hadn't heard of the device before, but it sounds like it'll be a big release. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 5

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT The Galaxy Books are just a Tablet/Laptop hybrid, like the Lenovo Yoga ones

Im not a big android fan but its something, Ill be keeping an eye on

Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TheGreyApe Fair enough! I wouldn't have the need for anything like that at the moment but I'll keep an eye on it too, out of curiosity at least slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
There is a new EU version of the Galaxy Book, due out this year, i made some feedback to the product team about the old version, via my Samsung Account Manager tongue
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5