O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

Saint Maarten

So I'm on holiday on the EU territory of Saint Maarten.
Yet unable to use 4G data without being charged an arm and a leg.
Brexit has come early in the Caribbean.
Topics: 510

Re: Saint Maarten

It's always been horrendous outside of the EU @HandsomeScotsma 

sm.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 643

@HandsomeScotsma

According to this chart it is in the EU (no mention of 4G) however....but you should be able to use your allowances as you would at home. (St Martin and St Maarten being part of the same island)

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

St Martin.PNG

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 289
Kudos: 1,812
Ideas: 6

One half of the island is treated as eu and the other side not even though both halves are eu country aligned! But know hard borders for radio waves ! The French north side is eu as it is a department of France not an overseas territory as the Dutch south side is
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 256gb refresh o2 open discount
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 510

The French half is St Martin (in EU) the Dutch half, St Maarten, isn't.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 70
Ideas: 2

Cyprus without the non-EU Turkish bit... The Isle of Man is one that gets passengers on the Liverpool to Belfast ferry occasionally ;p
It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. Douglas Adams.

And yet all St Maarten residents are EU citizens owing to their Dutch citizenship..... Sovereign state Kingdom of the Netherlands. Interesting find on Wiki right there...

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 70
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

Famous for the beach right at the threshold of the island's only runway... 

St.-Marteen-Airport-016.jpg

It's all immaterial anyhow, when that Brexit Day passes - it'll cost so much to call France or the Netherlands that nobody'll want to. Back to telegraph, how good's your Morse? grimacing

It is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. Douglas Adams.
Anonymous

Technically incorrect my dear @pgn the French side also has an Airport.. look up Grand Case Airport (TFFG) but it's got a dinky runway!