Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHOCKING o2 recycle service

Philts105
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do not use o2 recycle! After not realising they had text (due to the flurry of o2 texts last week about receiving a new phone, surveys, maintenance in our area, etc) they have paid out £64 and informed me I can no longer get my phone back. Firstly, why not just send back the device, or just call me?! This was apparently due to screen burn (which I can confirm was an issue my phone did not have and was not noticed in the store, who said it was in 'mint condition' and quoted £128).

The worst bit?! They have also done the same to my partners phone, which was not even a year old, same day , same email, same 'issue', same amount of money! Coupled with a completely unempathetic customer service agent when asking why this has happened, this has been a shocking experience and a complete waste of my time.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Philts105 They are known for pulling stunts like this & the screen burn excuse is the latest one. Ask for your phone back as that is your right

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Always a flurry of these on the run up to Christmas!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Philts105

That's pretty disgusting if honest (both the price and the fact they omitted to tell you of the revised offer!!)

I would certainly put in a complaint as I'm not sure our community managers could help now they have paid out slight_frown

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions