Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM gets thru block

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After falling victim to one of the scam message, I took the advise from members of the Community and contacted 02 Customer Services, who put a bar on all direct to Bill debits and bar Premium Rates....

However, today, purely by chance I checked my message in-box and found:

65065 -  Freemsg: Lorena Medienagen fur - free trial ends [date] then £4.50 per week, unless STOP to 65065.

Given the date of message and when I saw it, there is a chance that I could be billed for one week.

I sent STOP to 65065 and got an instant retur msg:

STOP Payforit Freemsg subscription to Metro Games ended. Help: 0207 369915.

I have never subscribed [or linked] to Metro Games and/or Lorena Medienagen.

How did this get through the supposed blocks which is meant to be in place on my 02 account?

This is worrying and highlights the need for 02 to drop their "trusted partners" and the scams.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35215 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

So much for safeguards, @Mi-Amigo - I hope you get your money back!

Message 2 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Neither charge to mobile or premium rate bars will stop these scams. There needs to be a specific bar for Payforit which O2 don't offer like EE and Vodafone do. Hence our petition which has so far been ignored by O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Neither charge to mobile or premium rate bars will stop these scams. There needs to be a specific bar for Payforit which O2 don't offer like EE and Vodafone do. Hence our petition which has so far been ignored by O2.

Thanks @pgn for your support.
@MI5- thanks for the info re-the bars. So the little 02 do offer has no effect.

I support the petition 100% , which, in my opinion, has been ignored so far by 02, because, allegedly, 02 receive a percentage of the takings by the scam third-parties.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 79

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not allegedly at all @Mi-Amigo.
They take 30% - fact.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not allegedly at all @Mi-Amigo.
They take 30% - fact.

That is dispicable @MI5  and customers have to pay to send msg STOP to the scammers - so 02 gain all round.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 79

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35215 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

A Lose-Lose scenario for the Customer, and Win-Win for the telco AND the scammer.

Despicable.

Message 7 of 79

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've already moved 2 of my accounts to EE and Vodafone. The other 2 will be moving too if O2 don't do anything to protect their customers when requested.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 79

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Only last month 25th March I remember that this particular name cropped up 

with a scam ~ See here @Mi-Amigo 

htthttps://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Charged-for-service-I-never-signed-up-for/m-p/1208941ps...

Absolutely unforgiveable this regular seemingly unstoppable scamming  is allowed to rage through

peoples accounts and take unauthorised money.

So very sorry that you have become an unwitting victim.  I do hope that you are able to recover

your money.

Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 79

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Just a thought @Mi-Amigo 

You could ask EmilieT for assistance, she may be able to help you with further procedures.

Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 10 of 79