Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 plus vs iPhone X

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am torn between the s9 Plus and iPhone X. I can upgrade Monday and i am swaying more towards the iPhone only because of the 3d touch and rise to wake then again i do like the look and specs of the s9+. Does anyone in this community have the s9+ at the moment?

Would like your thoughts

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Loving this topic, please do keep us posted on which one you'll go for @calviin!! slight_smile

Message 21 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Loving this topic, please do keep us posted on which one you'll go for @calviin!! slight_smile

If @calviin follows the majority of comments on here..... I 'think' it will be the S9+ joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

My friend just got the X, and I must say it is looking pretty good. Very shiny. grin I didn't take a closer look yet though, just admired from afar. 

Message 23 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

My friend just got the X, and I must say it is looking pretty good. Very shiny. grin I didn't take a closer look yet though, just admired from afar. 

Not being funny @Marjo and this is true ..I hate shiny anything, phones, paint, worktops, handles, etc etc etc.

The only shiny thing I admire is a brand new car....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Is it to avoid the surfaces from showing fingerprints @Cleoriff? grin 

Message 25 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m so tempted by the iPhone X. Sky with their piggy bank deal looks quite inviting.. but a 30 month contract.. it’d be longer than my marriage lasted! 😵

(I know it runs O2 😧 )

Message 26 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

Is it to avoid the surfaces from showing fingerprints @Cleoriff? grin 

I just have an aversion to shiny gloss paint and emulsion when decorating my house @Marjo Oh and shiny ornaments. I grew up in a house filled with shiny china and brass ornaments. *shudders*

I have plenty of ornaments (mainly cats) not a shiny one amongst them wink

I can't risk telling you what I call it, though if I put it in a sentence. 'Please don't buy me any of that shiny s*** joy (unless it's gold jewellery)

Apologies. Back on topic.....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 41

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo

Well... I upgraded to the iPhone X 30GB refresh. £78 total a month plus i got my O2 open discount. I ordered to collect in store which i did.

As soon as i walked in to the store i was faced with the Samsung s9+ on display. I held it and in that split second i wish i had gone for it instead. It looked and felt so amazing 😞

I went for the iPhone because of the 3d touch and raise to wake. A feature i used so much on my 7 plus. I could exchange the X and go for the s9+ but i don't have the upfront £49 to spare until payday which is 06th April and my 14 days exchange ends 2nd April

The X does equally feel good in your hand especailly out of a case

Message 28 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the update @calviin! Congrats on your new phone!! How are you doing with it? slight_smile You had the 7+ earlier - is the X very different in size?

Message 29 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@calviin   sooooooo.... most of us lost the bet as to which phone you would go for?:smileywink:

It's a shame as you could have come back and posted the first ever review of the S9+ on the forum Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though, I hope you are enjoying the new iPhone X..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 41