Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 "Ultra" - AVOID.

Soccerates
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've ordered this handset and I wish I hadn't. The Exynos chipsets are extremely underpowered compared to their Snapdragon counterparts. The phone is laggy, buggy and slower than my S9+ in real life. The camera is janky at best and takes inconsistent photos. I stupidly went past my cooling off period and regret it.

In addition, there's a massive back glass flaw with this device. Samsung know about it but won't recall it. The glass over the camera is weaker than the rest and prone to random cracks. When I presented mine to a technician, it had also damaged the camera. This fix will cost close to £400.

I would suggest that everyone avoids Samsung devices in the future. They're short changing the UK/Euro market and companies like 02arent being exactly clear on what you're paying for. I'm considering getting it fixed, unlocking it and selling it on, for what I don't know.

I hope nobody else makes the same mistake as I did in getting this product.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you had it from O2, it isn't locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93179 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would be returning it to samsung.

I'm sure they would repair it under the warranty given the evidence.

So glad I wasn't able to afford one of these!

Interesting...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

Message 3 of 4

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive had the ultra and the S20 plus. Ive had SD865 handsets as part of my phone obsession. For me the only thing ive noticed with the exynos 990 is it tends to heat up more than the SD865.  Yes on paper and in tests the 990 is worse than the 865 but for my usage its  extremely fast with no lag whatsoever.

id suggest the Xperia 1 II or the Oppo find x2 pro for camera. The S20 ultra autofocus technology isnt the same as those two devices

Message 4 of 4