Did you mean: 

S10 5G pre order

Rickwhits
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all.

As the title suggests I'm wondering if O2 will be accepting pre orders of the S10 5G shortly? I believe Samsung are accepting pre orders from June 7th. Not sure whether I should wait for O2 to stock or just go directly to Samsung for this device. Many thanks for any helpful responses. Cheers
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BOSSGOGG 

As these two networks are the only two with 5G coverage (Vodafone is currently running a live test in a Birmingham train station) it saves someone going back after buying the handset and complaining it doesn't work on 5G which it won't of course if you are using it on Three or O2 or are outside of a EE or Vodafone 5G coverage area but I'd imagine that both are now engaged in an aggressive roll out programme so it'll expand rapidly.

To be fair to O2 their strategy when rolling out new networks seems to be to let their competitors experience the 'teething problems' of running a limited production network so that when they start roll out some of the bugs in the firmware and hardware have been found and ironed out but it can be seen as slow by those eager to get their hands on the tech.

A better strategy to my mind considering the costs involved but can be frustrating for some of course.

Message 11 of 11