cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main residence is UK however I spend a lot of time in Spain, sometimes, up to 60 days in one trip. Having listened to BBC news this morning there seemed to be a suggestion that the network providers may charge users if they go beyond a normal holiday period, let's say, 2 to 3 weeks. Anybody know if this to be the case and if so, what the upper limit might be. I don't want to go charging off using roaming if I'm likely to be hit by a large bill because I've exceeded a limit.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

DVC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I'm in the same situation - I did know about this before I left the UK.

I'm here for around 4 months - I have a PAYG deal - big bundle - £10 and am £31 in credit.

Not abusing my tarrif - in fact way down, dont use data. Was worried that after a acouple of months I'd be hit with big bills. 

BUT

I phoned the 4445 number and chatted about the overseas tarrif and my situation but she was quite adamant that in no way would I get charged. Since I have been using my phone in the UK (for years) and had the Big Bundle . . . all would be fine . . . we shall see.

At least the call was logged.

Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Vaggelis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been using an O2 "Pay As You Go" SIM as the second SIM in a dual SIM phone, in Greece, for more than 6 months now. It did seem like my UK number was suspended, a few times, but it turned out to be a phone problem every time. I had to restart the phone a couple of times, and change the SIM order temporarily once.

I believe people should be worried only if they continue using their SIM as if living in the UK or as a dirt-cheap international calling card. Everyone else should be fine.

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Vaggelis wrote:

I believe people should be worried only if they continue using their SIM as if living in the UK or as a dirt-cheap international calling card. Everyone else should be fine.

You may well be 100% correct, but we have learned over the years, to never assume anything with O2.

If they have provision for something in their T&C's, expect them to invoke it at some point in time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14