cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming calls Eu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering I have this number (7802000332) on my bill 3 times now, all calls last 4 seconds. I have goggle'd it, and there is another question on this number, but am wondering what it actually is because I know I havent called it, well until now, I have tried calling it, using numurous country/city codes with nothing to show for it?!? Any help would be appreciated

Edited

Country Code : (+44)
SMS Messaging Centers :
Isle of Man Pronto GSM +447624499955
Vodafone UK +44-7785016005
**** CellNet UK +44-7802000332 ****
Virgin Mobile UK +447958879890
Orange UK +44-7973100973
One2One UK +44-7958879879
Guernsey Telecoms
Jersey +44-7781

Just found this myself, am guessing as it says "SMS Messaging Centers" its a go between for International calls/texts then?!?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
this happens when you send a message from outside the UK thats all
Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
this happens when you send a message from outside the UK thats all

Oh right, thanks, I was just wondering because I was in Spain recently too and that didnt happen then, plus theres no charge next to it, and I was pretty sure after reading cost charges etc that it does cost to send a text from abroad?!?
Message 3 of 34

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
The Reason why for the 4 seconds, Is that it takes 4 seconds from sending the sms to the other person at the other end or the network at the other end to acknowledge that the sms is with them.

Nothing to worry about
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also noted the 07802000332 number listed for text messages whilst roaming. Does anyone know why it is this number that is listed and not the number the message was sent to?

I have been abroard and whilst in the same country, have had listings for numbers I actually sent messages to and others to the 07802000332 number.

I don't understand what is going on. O2 obviously know the number the SMS was sent to so why do they list this other number instead??
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
that number is the postpay message centre number so when sending a text from abroad it more often than not shows this number as instead of the number your texting to.
it says 4 at the side of it because when sending an sms from abroad it uses 4 from the free sms allowance so as long as you have free text left, your not charged for sending sms from abroad

hope this clears things up!
Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I realise what the 07802000332 number is. I just don't understand why O2 quotes this number on the bill and not the number that was actually sent the message.
Message 7 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I realise what the 07802000332 number is. I just don't understand why O2 quotes this number on the bill and not the number that was actually sent the message.

It's a limitation of their billing platform / roaming partners - they're not the only network that does this.
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the information posted it's help me find what i was looking for but could someone tell me why i would be charge for some and not others?
LI
Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a limitation of their billing platform / roaming partners - they're not the only network that does this.

What this means is that when you are abroad, your texts are passed to O2's message centre by the network you are roaming on. This network doesn't open up the messages and examine them for who you are texting. They therefore only have the number of the O2 message centre. So when the 'foreign' network passes on the details of your calls and texts to O2, they haven't got the number you were texting.
Message 10 of 34