Did you mean: 

Ripoff

DO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Had to say what a ripoff O2 is. I bought an unlocked phone still I have to unlock it to O2. Ripoff! When are these people gonna play fair. When are they gonna stop extorting money out of people like this. My phone was sold to me to work on any network and yet my the SIM from O2 na work. Just drive me loopy. Not happy with the whole set up off the networks. They need to work as one rather than induipendantly it only calls for madness.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some contradictions in the opening post.

Bought the phone unlocked but the sim is locked to O2 or the phone is?

Son says there is nothing wrng with the sim so it work in anotherphone

O2 is a rip off? Phone might be locked to O2 but if so its free to unlock....

Ebay scam?

Makes no sense I'm afraid. Something wrong with the keyboard too. Seems the cap lock button is locked to O2.

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DO Did you purchase the phone from O2 directly or elsewhere 

Message 12 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

The way I've interpreted the OP's statement, is he hasn't bought the phone through O2, probably Ebay, and it was sold to him as an unlocked phone that would work on any network. But the phone is locked to O2.

If I'm correct, then it's the seller he should be shouting at not O2. Because he's been scammed; nothing to do with O2 at all.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm playing catch up here, I dont think the phone was purchased from O2 at all...in which case it has nothing to do with them.

If the op @DO comes back and tells us where the phone came from,  we may be able to pinpoint the problem?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DO, sorry to hear that you were having problems with your phone being locked - have you made any progress with this or are you still stuck? Please do let us know how you're getting on. slight_smile

Message 15 of 15