Did you mean: 

Reward Nominations for May 2018

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We're almost at the end of another month and despite the thunderstorms its time for the O2 Community rewards! smiling

Each month we ask the community to nominate content on the forum over the last month that made a good contribution to the community. Just like last month the focus is on guidesreviewsproduct testing and walkthroughs!

There has been some great content posted this month including @MI5's brilliant registration guide to help new members join, @Anonymous's handy walkthrough on Google Assistant & Voice recognition on Android. @adamtemp64 also took the time to update both his scam calls and texts guide and his walkthrough on improving signal indoors with the most up to date info! 

Please drop me a PM or post below if you wish to nominate any content for this month’s rewards! wink

Thanks, 

Martin, Marjo and Emilie 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Thanks chaps slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 28

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Adam's scam calls guide gets my vote. Such info should be available directly from the O2 site web help pages, if it isn't already. 👍
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote for @MI5's registration guide 

Message 13 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks to everyone for the nominations so far! The rewards will be posted over the next few days so keep an eye on your notifications. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 28

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

And here is exactly why I think @adamtemp64's guide on spotting and stopping Mobile Scams merits a reward:

Traveller is scammed – but mobile network hands him £2,763 bill

Message 15 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The new regulations from the 1st of October will help and are long overdue though it would not aid millions of existing customers. It really should not have to take intervention from a newspaper for common sense to be applied to the charges. 

Message 16 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@pgn That linked article is not exactly related to the usual premium rate sms scams but calls this is why sim pin and handset security is essential perhaps an other guide i need to do if i have not in the past been here so long 

In fact @jonsie did something already https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Set-up-sim-pin-on-O2/td-p/822709

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 28

pgn
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

pgn That linked article is not exactly related to the usual premium rate sms scams but calls this is why sim pin and handset security is essential perhaps an other guide i need to do if i have not in the past been here so long 

In fact jonsie did something already https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Set-up-sim-pin-on-O2/td-p/822709

You are correct, putting a PIN on your SIM card *is* a better way to prevent people from using your phone SIM if it gets lost or stolen.  I am fairly certain it is possible to crack or remove that measly 4-digit pin from the SIM card, though... by now.

I also wonder how many people put a screen lock on their phone, but then leave their BlueTooth wide-open... confounded

And yes, @jonsie's advice also merits a mention, but I picked yours because so many get taken in by brassneck texts and messages, becoming unwitting victims of crime.

Message 18 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

My word @adamtemp64, I had forgotten all about that. I wonder why it was never incorporated as a guide Thoughful

Message 19 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie I will let you create a new one maybe with links to the scam guide etc 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 28