cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Handsets - what a joke !

Anonymous
Not applicable
After having 3xW910i (original plus 2 replacements) and a W580i (replacement for the faylty w910i's) and all being faulty within 2weeks of receiving them (original W910i lasted 6 months)im begining to wonder what is going on. Is it a simple case of a faulty handset being recieved at O2 and someone does a quick turn on turn off test and then deems it ok to send back out or is it actually sent away for repair/refurb. ?????? Ive just called O2 today to arrange a replacememt for the W580i to be told "im suprised they sent you that as it has had loads of problems" !?!?!?!?!..........Now am i just unlucky as last year i got a K610i which had to be replaced due to a fault so in total in the last 18mths ive had 5 faulty phones sent out to me. Lets hope the replacement W960i is flawless as my patience is begining to wear thin.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply... I agree they're not all bad! I've had the T610, the W800, the K610 and the K810 prior to this W910 and I've never had issues I couldn't live with.

This W910 I have now has the latest everything on it, and it still won't work! The problem I'm having is when I make or received calls; the call connects (which can be seen by looking at the screen) but no audio can be heard - no voice, nothing. Not even a buzzing or anything, which suggests the speaker just isn't turning on when a call is made. The problem is temporarily resolved by restarting the phone, but it occurs randomly again at a later time. SO frustrating!

Does anyone know if O2 might let me have a different model?
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
the repair company o2 use is called A-Novo orange used to use them aswell so all repairs are sent to this company for the repair to take place
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message to lgilly80
Hi - I have the same occasional loss of sound function at the moment on my C905. For me, it's not random, but happens when Bluetooth is starts/stops communicating with my satnav - and it also causes the satnav to reset, so there's obviously something fairly dodgy with the latest SE Bluetooth s/w. Like you, recovery is by switching off & on again. Phone is only 3wks old, but I'll see if there's a later edition of the software. 😞 Maybe your loss of sound is related to bluetooth?
Message 13 of 13