cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know if this is an O2 issue or my phone which is a HTC one mini. From last night, every time somebody has text me, the same text has kept coming over and over again every 10 mins. It's driving me bonkers especially as I need my phone for the alarm clock. I really can't listen to this all night!! Anybody else had these problems?..
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, maybe I should try that first ..thanks..
Message 51 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The very essence of customer service, if you say you will call someone back, ou follow it up by diarising it. I know the procedure, I used to work in the O2 call centre. Nothing surer to lose customer confidence than your own failings!

Message 52 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear...now they tell me after me going on live chat, I have to reset my phone to factory fittings! Haven't a clue how to do that without losing everything. I've downloaded HTC Sync Manager on my laptop and clicked to back up, but as far as I can see, there's no contacts on there?
Message 53 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Log into google and see if your contacts are saved there https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well as I posted 5mins ago, I've had a call from 02 asking me not to reset my phone yet but to leave my sim in another phone for 24 hrs...so that's what I'll do. If the problem stops, then I will have to reset my phone, but I'll look now to check if my contacts are backed up on google...thanks
Message 55 of 55