cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair bill too high

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few weeks ago I dropped my lumia 930 from literally a foot (it slid from my pocket as I crouched down.) It must have hit the corner in the perfect spot because the entire screen fracturered.

I took it to my local 02 store and have been given a quote of £220 to repair it - this seems fairly extortionate for a new screen. I still have a year left on my contract, so would have to pay £180 to purchase the broken phone.

I discovered today that I hve phone insruance through my bank, but I haven't registered the phone with them, so that avenue is a no go.

Do I have any options here, or do I have to suck it up and pay for another year of use on a phone I can't use? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

every insurance company I know requires you to register the IMEI of a phone covered.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
and you can guarantee they'll use it as an excuse not to pay out if you don't, too.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Probably. Kind of glad a revisited the T&Cs as this means my last two phones were technically not covered Jaw-dropping

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 13 of 13