Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh orders of iPhone 7plus

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have tried to phone o2 for 2 days without getting through. Yesterday I got through to chat. I am on the refresh contract which means that on the 25th I can upgrade for free. Well... As you can't speak to anyone the chat person told me I have to go to a store to reserve as I was worried about stock levels - but he assured me there was plenty of stock of 7plus jet black so I would get mine on the 25th...but must do it in store. So today I went to a store only to be told they are expecting no stock so I can't reserve! They said I need to phone 02 and they put me through on their phone. After 30 minutes of waiting it still would not go through so I had to leave. I am very annoyed that new customers can easily order the phone online but loyal customers of 10-13 years are not allowed to get the phone on the date promised when they signed into the contract! The refresh contract is very expensive but I joined because I trusted o2 to give me a new phone on the 25th! I am going away on the 27th so it was vital to get the phone before leaving! I ask disgusted at the way they are treating their customers. The chat person lied to me! Or the shop is lying! Rest assured when my contract finishes I will probably go elsewhere. They should have had a dedicated line for refresh customers. But as it is you can speak to no-one! Can't spend an hour listening to that terrible music! The first time after some 20 minutes they just hung up! Disgusting behaviour!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi am on refesh plan and ordered my iphone 7 online when pre orderes opened at 8am 9th. I was only charged the up front fee even know it says online id have to pay my final £30 to upgrade. i never call or go shops when a new phone i want is to launch as the training is very poor and they havent a clue. Sadly now its saying online if you odered today its delivered within 6 weeks. Apple does limit phone companys stock on launch and for weeks after, this is so you go to apple direct and buy it out right as they will always have the most launch day stock. Good luck if you not odered it yet.

Message 2 of 10

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Update: a very disappointing chat. They will not guarantee any stock for refresh upgrades. You can't reserve. They prioritise new customers getting the new stock. They know you are stuck because of the 2 year cycle so can treat you badly. Very unfriendly, curt chat person. They don't care about old customers - so when update date comes they will have no stock and maybe a month's wait. That will mean they can stretch out the new contract you are forced to stay with them even longer. I am shocked how little they care about customer loyalty! The contract is you return old phone and get the new one free but as it stands it will be months before they can do it with no stock left! Very angry.
Message 3 of 10

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
That is why I have tried to call them since Friday!
Message 4 of 10

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I realised how crap this was getting on Friday, so sold my 6S Plus to Game for my exact settlement amount, paid off O2 and re-ordered online. My 7Plus is due within 2 weeks.

The annual refresh deal is a terrible one. The most loyal customers should be looked after properly, not treated like this. By the time these customers phones arrive it could be October of November - screwing them over for next years refresh as well.

Did you notice they've dropped the phone insurance from the bundle this year as well.

The deal isnt worth having. Refresh is great, but the annual replacement needs some serious thought

Message 5 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jtuk in 2013 you were posting about O2 and iPhone. In 2015 the same. In 2016 the same.

When will you learn from your bad O2 experiences ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 10

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have been a loyal customer for a long, long time! But this is really testing loyalty..

Message 7 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jtuk wrote:

I have been a loyal customer for a long, long time! But this is really testing loyalty..

Exactly !!.......with me, if I'm disappointed by a supplier once then that is their only chance....they don't get a second chance.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 10

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The thing is they know exactly how many customers were on iPhone refresh contract due on the same date as we all received the last phone on the 25th. They should have said they have prepared for it by ordering the same amount of phones. If they really wanted to keep their loyal customers they could have contacted and asked us if you planned to upgrade and for which model. The uncertainty of previous years was a little different - this new refresh contract was supposed to be a guarantee of a new phone on the day. I feel they misled us.
Message 9 of 10

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
To add: Does anyone know what the financial implications are in this scenario when it appears that o2 will not be able to supply new phones for refresh customers on the 25th when we are eligible? If receiving new phone moves forward by a month you are paying another month''s installment on the old phone which means the value of the exchange changes. O2 makes more money as the new contract will only start when we receive the next phone. It doesn't seem fair to me. The current payment period then is 13 months instead of 12 and then the next period of 24 months begins? Am I wrong in thinking this is benefiting o2 and not us the customers?

(It appears this site refuses to accept my password which I have now been forced to change - to the same one registered before - every time I come on the app despite being certain I type it correctly every time - on a tablet it will not allow me to sign in at all!)
Message 10 of 10