Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycle scam at it again

Jbden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got a quote for my perfect iPhone 7 Plus 128g immaculate condition been in a enclosed case since the day I got it! Q£210 got an email today saying revised quote £42 !!!! Due to discoloured area on LCD (shading) this is rubbish & I dis not accept it I’ve asked for my phone back from them & if it gets lost of damaged on return they will need to pay the cost of £210. My phone I carefully looked after never has there been any problem with the screen so I’m sorry O2 Recycle you need to either stop with the recycling of phones or pay up what you say! I’m taking this further & I may even cancel my contact as I still have 14 days to do so!!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Check your IMEI number when it arrives too as another of their tricks is to get phones accidentally mixed up and return you someone else's damaged one......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Jbden
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ooh do they indeed yes I will be checking that when I get it back thank you.
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Jbden

When the phone is returned and IF it isn't as you sent it, then you will probably need to make a complaint.

This sort of thing can't be allowed to carry on. It's getting more than ridiculous and bordering on a real scam.

It's out of the remit of assistance from our community managers.

Complaints link here, should you need it

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Jbden, I'm sorry to hear you've not had a good experience so far with O2 Recycle. I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the Business, and it'd be great if you could come back and let us know how you're getting on with the return of your device! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 18

Jbden
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok, so I got my device back & it it mine phew but it has a couple of scratches on the screen that were not there before & I had cleaned it with a lint free cloth. I’m not going to argue over it as I have not got the strength too & cannot prove it either way. Also there is no shading on the screen at all, I did the test myself! So sorry o2 recycle you lost a customer & also probably many of my YouTube followers from my channel!!!
Message 7 of 18

Jbden
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I have sent my phone to another recycle company & there was nothing wrong with my phone & I got paid £220!! 😁 I made an official complaint to o2 & customer service was brilliant she would have sorted it out if I hadn’t already sent my phone somewhere else. Instead she gave me one months line rental credited to my account as an apology. Also is going to investigate the o2 recycle situation as someone is obviously either on the fiddle or they are not checking them correctly or not at all. Just wanted to update you all.
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Jbden wrote:
So I have sent my phone to another recycle company & there was nothing wrong with my phone & I got paid £220!! 😁 I made an official complaint to o2 & customer service was brilliant she would have sorted it out if I hadn’t already sent my phone somewhere else. Instead she gave me one months line rental credited to my account as an apology. Also is going to investigate the o2 recycle situation as someone is obviously either on the fiddle or they are not checking them correctly or not at all. Just wanted to update you all.

That's excellent news @Jbden. Very pleased that making a complaint at least resulted in one months credit.

Out of curiousity, what other Recycle company did you use? Just interested... as they gave you such a good price with none of the hassle you get from O2 Recycle. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Jbden
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I used Mazuma mobile. Although after I sent it I looked at the reviews 🙄 very much the same as O2 but with me they were fine & promised the amount I got. Also I looked up Samsung Recycle they actually offered me £267 unlocked but I had already sent to Mazuma. Never mind. Good idea to shop about though.
Message 10 of 18