cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent spam calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I made a post on here last week because I started getting spam called from 2 companies and managed to get them blocked.

I have NOT signed up for anything as I don't even know my mobile number by heart yet I get more and more spam phone calls at all times of the day. I don't even answer them anymore. I have received multiple calls from the following numbers and I'm so damn sick of it at all times of the day:

And another number that was 'Blocked'

What can I do about this short of changing my phone number?

I've received 3 phone calls today already!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should register your number on the Telephone preference service which is free of charge and should stop these calls.

also check the numbers on the 'whocallsme' website.

You can also report to O2 to see if they can get your number unsubscribed from these companies.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Short of changing your number I would register at TPS although it takes a couple of weeks before it takes effect.

Telephone Preference Service

You can register your home number too.

Another useful site :

Who Calls Me

Seems a lot of people are having problems with those numbers.

If someone calls, tell them you are registered with TPS and its usually enough to stop the calls.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got quite a lot of these not long after I moved onto the iPhone in December (been with o2 over 2 years in total. I never answer a call unless I know the number and after checking the numbers on "whocallsme" I had a better idea of who I was dealing with. On two occasions I did speak to them and told them in no uncertain terms to stop calling me - second time worked like a charm.

Today I have received a text message from 07918 907225 - which is listed at length on "whocallsme". What is worrying is that in al cases the companies involved have known that I (or others) are on o2. Are o2 selling our details to unscrupulous organisations ?

TPS for me this time I think.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've registered on TPS now but I'm gonna have to get in contact with 02 to get these numbers blocked. I've had 5 phone calls from the same company today alone.
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I got quite a lot of these not long after I moved onto the iPhone in December (been with o2 over 2 years in total. I never answer a call unless I know the number and after checking the numbers on "whocallsme" I had a better idea of who I was dealing with. On two occasions I did speak to them and told them in no uncertain terms to stop calling me - second time worked like a charm.
Today I have received a text message from 07918 907225 - which is listed at length on "whocallsme". What is worrying is that in al cases the companies involved have known that I (or others) are on o2. Are o2 selling our details to unscrupulous organisations ?
TPS for me this time I think.

Forward spam texts to 7726.

O2 are not selling your information. You have the option to receive or not messages from O2 and their partners.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6