cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an Email bill but was told. “You don't have any products or services.”

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an Email from O2 that purported to be my bill so I attempted to access it and received the following reply, “You don't have any products or services in this My O2 account.” I must have some products or services or why was I sent an O2 communication. I was at a loss at what to do because I couldnt get into my account and when I tried I was asked a security question which I am sure was, “What was your first car”. I even remember its registration number and that’s nearly 60 years ago but my answer to the security question was rejected. I went through a process which I attempted to show here but it didnt appear and then I remembered that I had an O2 Email address on line. Eventually I manged to complain but it was rejected with no reason given. I’m now looking for an alternative supplier.

BML

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You may be using the wrong login details. A simple call to customer service should sort this out

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's not a good idea to click on any links in emails (or texts) no matter who they came from.
You should always open your web browser and go directly to the site you want from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow the advice given to you above by both @jonsie and @MI5. By all means speak to Customer Service, and as a general rule, if you don't know for certain who's sending the email, never click on links or attachments within it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie  “You may be using the wrong login details. A simple call to customer service should sort this out.”

I have a major problem in that I am extremely hard of hearing which is the main reason I use a mobile telephone and computer.  I text or send Emails both of which are not possible if one wishes to communicate with O2

@Anonymous  “It's not a good idea to click on any links in emails (or texts) no matter who they came from. You should always open your web browser and go directly to the site you want from there.”

My anti-virus/Malware has not failed me yet.

Bambino  “Please follow the advice given to you above by both @jonsie and @MI5. By all means speak to Customer Service, and as a general rule, if you don't know for certain who's sending the email, never click on links or attachments within it.”

I have been using a computer for long enough to understand the dangers and how to avoid them.  You all appear to have avoided the most important piece of my post.

“I remembered that I had an O2 Email address on line. Eventually I managed to complain but it was rejected with no reason given. I’m now looking for an alternative supplier.”

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Advice given in good faith, bearing in mind we have no knowledge of your level of understanding or expertise.
If the email you had online was an old O2 email account, this was closed down a couple of years ago.
If you struggle with hearing you can try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
or NGTS https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/NGTS/m-p/1030065#M89141
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous As @MI5 has said, we gave our advice in good faith, and as you had not mentioned it in your original mail, we were not aware of your knowledge or disability. Again, follow the NGTS in the link above as a possible solution, or you always have the choice of changing providers if you're unhappy. If you do decide to do that, get Pay & Go sims from the different providers to find one that will give you a good signal before you go investing in a long term contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 “If the email you had online was an old O2 email account, this was closed down a couple of years ago.”  Why would you make the assumption “If the email you had online was an old O2 email account, this was closed down a couple of years ago.” especially as I did say that I must have had some products or services or why was I sent an O2 communication.  
As for the Chat facility I have used it before and found it a frustrating waste of time in that its understaffed by operators who are rarely competent enough to deal with the problem  

Bambino  Many thanks for your advice “Pay & Go sims from the different providers to find one that will give you a good signal before you go investing in a long term contract.”  I will now drag one of my grandchildren in to give me some tuition on the subjects.  A key factor will be that they offer an effective customer service.  I had hoped that I would get an effective service from O2 but that was not to be.

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

MI5 “If the email you had online was an old O2 email account, this was closed down a couple of years ago.”  Why would you make the assumption “If the email you had online was an old O2 email account, this was closed down a couple of years ago.” especially as I did say that I must have had some products or services or why was I sent an O2 communication.  
As for the Chat facility I have used it before and found it a frustrating waste of time in that its understaffed by operators who are rarely competent enough to deal with the problem  

Because you are not forthcoming with information and quite frankly it's like pulling teeth.

I am not psychic, I don't know you, so if you want help you need to help yourself.

If you are determined to make this difficult and pick apart all the advice given, I'll leave you to it and wish you good luck.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

With answers of the sort that you have given I can see how you got 72021 posts to your name.  

Message 10 of 17