cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re new contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been to chat online and the operator was very rude and arrogant. Not once did she say she would ask someone of higher authority to seek advice on the misleading info I got from o2 when changing to sim only. I was told £16. New bill £23 but does include £3 for multimedia. Fine. So I asked why £19 then. Vat. I wasn't told that. I was comparing package to giffgaff £12. And yes I do know it's only online service so I accepted the £16 and was given conformation of this. Nothing said or written or text about vat. Thought orly was included in the £16. From the very beginning of chat I was informed by the advisor " it's not much " .I replied it is when my husband has recently died in January this year and my income has more than halved and that's why I was going to go with giffgaff. But after being an O2 customer for 15 years + and any problems usually sorted with helpful and polite staff I decided to pay the extra £4 and stay loyal but due to conversation with the advisor. I am now going to cancel my direct debit regardless of what happens. I am disgusted but when I put things into perspective an O2 bill that I don't pay is irrelevant to what I have dealt with in the past 3 years of husband with prostate cancer. That was a problem
I'm very upset and Thankyou for reading my concerns but the help and support was definitely missing on this occasion

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Please please do NOT cancel your direct debit. You will end up with so many problems. It will ruin your credit rating and at the end of the day you will still owe O2 the money...If you wish to raise a complaint then do it this way http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Info on cancelling contract here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Did you change to sim only mid month ?

All consumer tariffs include vat in the advertised price.

What is it showing in myo2 ?

For account queries we always advise you call 202 for free and speak to someone .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Please please do NOT cancel your direct debit. You will end up with so many problems. It will ruin your credit rating and at the end of the day you will still owe O2 the money...If you wish to raise a complaint then do it this way http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Info on cancelling contract here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

So sorry for your personal circumstances, been through it myself and you wonder how to cope alone. We have to learn fast unfortunately.

If you are still within the first 14 days you can cancel so call customer service on 202. Don't use live chat.

Your first bill will always be a few pounds higher because you pay for the first couple of days before your billing date plus your monthly tariff. Next month your bill will be as when you agreed to it though there is the RPI increase in April which you should have been made aware of.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear your loss & situation. @Toby the head of community can pass along your feedback. Do not cancel your direct debit or you will be faced with a default on your credit file which will stay there for at least 6 years

You can also complain using the link below

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous We are sorry for your loss, but as the others have said, if you cancel your direct debit, not only would you not get another contract with O2, but you wouldn't get one with any other network either until you clear the debt and the marker is lifted from your credit rating. You have enough problems at the moment without compounding them with another one like this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Check in your MyO2 and see what the charges are for.
You may have some charges added from last month too. They don't usually get the bills wrong and usually is just a misunderstanding of how the system works.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7