Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Reply
Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

I don't want to go too much off topic from the op's original query.

Please don't think I'm being rude @Anonymous
Highlighted
Posts: 105,896
Topics: 554
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES


@Anonymous wrote:

right...do you mean the ones people were talking about a while back, where they could access you messages, phone book,calls...etc ? How does that work? Sorry not a "virus" expert...


Maybe start a new thread @Anonymous so that we could get better input ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

well we are not...you never know what happened to his phone. We are assuming the problem is a fault but it can be cause by something else , like this.

because I don't know much about that's why I ask but never mind, if you cant elaborate  that's ok thanks I'll ask one of our "techs". @viridis ? @MI5 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

Hi ,

I am having the same trouble with texts keeping being sent, so is my cousin 

trouble is it says text not sent & goes to outbox & unless you delete the text , you are being charged for it.

I contacted online help & was told 02 know about this & engineers are trying to resolve the issue..I was also

told this was only in our area ( Fife)/

 

I checked the live network & it had nothing about it , this has been happening to us since 22/1

 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi ,

I am having the same trouble with texts keeping being sent, so is my cousin 

trouble is it says text not sent & goes to outbox & unless you delete the text , you are being charged for it.

I contacted online help & was told 02 know about this & engineers are trying to resolve the issue..I was also

told this was only in our area ( Fife)/

 

I checked the live network & it had nothing about it , this has been happening to us since 22/1

 


Good to know the bit I have emphasised in Red above@Anonymous   Thank you for posting - perhaps you would report back when problem is resolved?  

PS  and by the way - welcome to the O2 Community. We all hope you find the forum interesting and helpful.

Highlighted
Posts: 105,896
Topics: 554
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

It's 99% a network issue as users on the giffgaff forum are reporting the same issues this weekend.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES


@MI5 wrote:
It's 99% a network issue as users on the giffgaff forum are reporting the same issues this weekend.

Thanks  @MI5    Always good to know that a problem is a network issue rather than something wrong with one's own phone ot its settings.  I have experienced the repeated message syndrome a couple of times in the past but it was usually "cleared up" quite quickly.  . 

Highlighted
Posts: 80,690
Topics: 574
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES


@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's 99% a network issue as users on the giffgaff forum are reporting the same issues this weekend.

I have experienced the repeated message syndrome a couple of times in the past but it was usually "cleared up" quite quickly.  . 


There's a  joke in there somewhere......😁

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES


@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's 99% a network issue as users on the giffgaff forum are reporting the same issues this weekend.

I have experienced the repeated message syndrome a couple of times in the past but it was usually "cleared up" quite quickly.  . 


There's a  joke in there somewhere......😁


LOL  Think I probably asked for that!  LOL

Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: REPEATED MESSAGES

Hi @Anonymous 

 

You should ring customer services and report this,so that they are aware.

202 for contract/4445 for pay and go