Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Messaging / Chat features

CliveC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, just a quick note to say that on my Pixel 3a last night the Chat service for Android messages has been enabled and seems to be connected and working. I anyone else getting this now?

It has been on the news that it was coming, but it's already here for me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for sharing this update with us @CliveC!

I'll check on my end as well if there's any further info to share, and let you know here what I can find out slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 6

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
It's now enabled on my Xperia 10 the only thing is im on the Tesco network hope its ok to post on here
Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@captainprice 

Cheers for letting us know as well! thumbsup

@CliveC 

Just to let you know, we've just posted more information here on RCS Messaging on O2. Hope it helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

CliveC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, I decided to try Android Q on the beta program and decided it was a bit too early, so had to reset to go back to Android 9.0, now, Chat features are unavailable again for me.
Message 5 of 6

CliveC
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, I decided to try the beta for Android and didn't like it, so I had to reset my phone to go back to Android 9 Pie, and now Chat Features are not enabled any more, nor can I enable them by going into settings. Anyone offer any advice?
Message 6 of 6