cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Purchase Nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i have spent a week now trying to obtain a proof of purchase document from o2. It has been a nightmare i have been in contact with customer service no less than 10 times. A number of times i have been told the document has been sent and to please allow between 2-24hrs for it to arrive. i had then been appologised to and told sorry the system is down so it cant be sent. I was then told by the south african support that they would email it to manually. After that didnt arrive the british office told me they dont know what the south african office was talking about it cant be sent manually. I was then told that the proof of purchase system was fixed and to wait between 2-24hrs for it to arrive (with my 5th promise of 'this will be your final time of having to chase this up'). GUess what... 26hrs later still nothing.

Im at the end of my tether as i needed this proof last week yet i still have nothing. 

Somebody please help

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Did the phone come in a box? The IMEI will be on there as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Did the phone come in a box? The IMEI will be on there as well.

Sadly not proof of purchase, op needs something off o2 to prove that phone was purchased through them.

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Previous orders in My O2. .....?

Which is what I said post 8 and 9?....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And me lol
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
And me lol

Bow Of course.... lol 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok managed to find my orders in my o2. Still no good to me as there is no mention of he imei.  Is there any resolution?

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

At least in My Orders you will have proof that you purchased the phone from O2. 

Is there anywhere searching your old bills in My O2 you can find the IMEI attached to that bill? 

*My O2

*Scroll down to the bottom to see Previous bills.... (the last 6 months should be available)

*If you click on one of those it should show your previous phone with associated IMEI

If this isn't available then you will just have to go with what you have got...unless you are prepared to ring CS again and insist firmly that they provide you with the IMEI of that particular phone...?..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Calling Cs is the only way to get anything official from o2.
Follow complaints procedure if they are unwilling to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is absolutely insane. How can o2 make something so seemingly simple such a catastrophe. im feeling abandoned by o2. they have my money now dont care *sigh*

Message 20 of 22