cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Twitter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I have registered with Twitter two days ago and have verified my mobile phone. The Twitter site shows my correct mobile number. However, the tweets (text messages) I sent don't show up. I got in touch with the Twitter support but they don't reply. I was wondering: is is a problem with Twitter or with O2? Is there anything I forgot to do?

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK Twitter stopped SMS in the UK because of high termination charges. It was re-introduced on Vodafone and I heard a couple of months ago that negotiations with O2 were on the cards - not heard anything since.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK Twitter stopped SMS in the UK because of high termination charges. It was re-introduced on Vodafone and I heard a couple of months ago that negotiations with O2 were on the cards - not heard anything since.

Its the texts FROM Twitter which were stopped in the UK, you can still update by sending a text. I do it often.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can send texts to Twitter?
How do you do this?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can check how it's done on the Twitter website.

Thank you both for your replies. I have deleted and registered my phone again (for the third time now) but it still does not work. I find that rather annoying to be honest. I can't access Twitter all day and I can't use my phone. Twitter is useless for me now.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sending them to the correct number?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked mine - yes it does work. Manx Telecom number but it costs no more.

Not really used it as I'm on the iPhone and it seems a waste of text messages when I have inclusive data
Message 7 of 7