cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with O2 mobile broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a new laptop last week with windows vista on it but have been having real problems trying to down load my mobile dongle onto it.Have spent a few hours on the phone to O2 trying to sort it out,in the end it was decided that there was something wrong with the dongle.Took that back to the O2 shop with laptop,we tried a new dongle there to check whether it was dongle or laptop,new dongle wouldn't download either,was coming up with same problem.Took my laptop back to shop I bought it from and the guy there told me that quite a few of the mobile internet providers are having to bring out extra software to make the dongle compatable with windows vista.Has anyone else had this problem and if so what have they done to make the dongle compatable.Please help me because it is driving me mad,I am spending £20 a month on an internet I can't use and I have a lovely shiney laptop that I can't wait to get use of.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you provice more info. How far does the install get? What error messages?
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has downloaded O2 manager but then it says it needs to install driver software for your data interface and is asking me to locate and install driver software.I know this is on the dongle because it downloaded into my other laptop no problem but that is windows xp appapently there is something blocking it with windows vista and extra software is needed.The guy in the shop said to see if I could down load some software of the O2 site to put into the new laptop but I can't find anything.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://gadgeteer.org.uk/2008/05/20/prob ... sb-dongle/

I don't know if this covers the problem you are experiencing but I couldn't find anything on the MS site about the required fix to Vista. See my own post about slow Internet access via GPRS.

Garv1e
Message 4 of 4