cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing texts - despearately need answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Blackberry is now on my O2 sim card.

I have a text showing at the top of my screen - it is probably from O2 - BUT the icons on my home screen are as follows: envelope without smaller envelope within; envelope with smaller envelope within - this is my hotmail.com address; open book - this is my contacts; envelope with smaller envelope within - this is my hotmail.co.uk address; calender; and finally Browser.

When my phone had my Virgin sim card in  it, the envelope without smaller envelope within was my Texts. Now, it says it is "Messages" BUT it just gets emails from both my hotmail accounts in it. There is obviously no point to this, as I can get them in the icons dedicated to them.

This must have happened recently because I was using this phone to send texts not that long ago - a couple of weeks at the most.

My first question is: please tell me how to access my texts

My second question is: how do I do a "Restore factory settings" on an O2 Blackberry?

Please, please, please provide quick answers, especially to my first question.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first reaction when you said there are icons missing is that you've maybe hidden them by mistake.

To resolve this, when on the home screen, press the menu button and select "Show All". Your missing icons should now appear somewhere.

The "Messages" folder is where all messages go into so you should find your sms in there as well as your emails. 

As for how to restore a Blackberry to factory settings, there are numerous ways of doing this, the easiest being a security wipe. Can I ask what version of the operating system you are using so I can give you the correct menu options?

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Lots of info and videos available for factory reset from the O2 Guru TV here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+do+I+do+a+%22Restore+factory+settings%22+on+an+O2+Blackberry%3...

I don't have a Blackberry I'm afraid but are you sure the icon showing is not for a voicemail?

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first reaction when you said there are icons missing is that you've maybe hidden them by mistake.

To resolve this, when on the home screen, press the menu button and select "Show All". Your missing icons should now appear somewhere.

The "Messages" folder is where all messages go into so you should find your sms in there as well as your emails. 

As for how to restore a Blackberry to factory settings, there are numerous ways of doing this, the easiest being a security wipe. Can I ask what version of the operating system you are using so I can give you the correct menu options?

Message 3 of 3