Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preference change text

Pooks69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I changed some of my preferences on Monday evening, and instantly received text confirmation.
Then on Wednesday morning at 2:05am I was woken by another text confirming the same thing.
Was there really any need for the early morning text?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Pooks69 Personally I haven't experienced that problem, but I believe several others have. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but the easiest way to avoid texts at that hour is to switch off your phone, unless it's absolutely necessary for you to have it on all night.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Obviously there is no need  for the second text though O2's automated systems are a law unto themselves. It's not as though someone sends out but the programming/programmers  needs looking at straightaway. It doesn't take Into account time differences either and it's always been like this as long as I can remember. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the message got queued in the Short Message Service (SMS) Centre for some reason.

Although I believe some years ago O2 deployed a direct routing solution for SMS that would attempt to deliver the SMS directly first rather than the usual 'store and forward' technique that would commit it to storage and forward it on when the target device checked in there are still a number of reasons why delivery can be delayed and as such it remains classed as a 'best efforts' service.

Just like e-mail, once sent it can get delayed at a number of points that are beyond the control of the originating system/handset which is why there's no way to recall an SMS (think that can be done on iMessage though but that works differently.)

I've had texts that are a day late some times and when I've replied people have been suprised and in one instance even throught I was ignoring them!

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I think he's complaining more about the fact that two texts were received for the same confirmation, the second one at silly o'clock. 

Message 5 of 5