cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode checker manual override required

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to top up a new Pay and Go SIM we have got for an employee. As I want to regulate use I do not want automatic top ups, not do I want to do it over the phone.

Unfortunately our billing address, which we have used long before postcode checkers came out, is very slightly different to the post code checker.

Most sites have a manual override, but not 02. So I cannot give the correct billing address and the payment then gets rejected.

So now I can't top up my employees SIM which means I will use another provider, lock stock and 2 smoking barrels. 02 lose our mobile contracts as well..... idiots. That's a lot of money down the pan in one go.

Ah well. Easy come, easy go.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A known and ongoing problem, not sure if and when this is going to be fixed. It's certainly not fit for purpose at the moment! 

Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
Join in here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Any-other-O2-customers-having-issues-with-the-ne...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case it is just that there new system is complete and utter rubbish.
Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
In that case it is just that there new system is complete and utter rubbish.

Certainly the new payment system is causing major problems (or should I say 'can't make a  payment' system)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They need this sorting now, there is no excuse for putting in a system that clearly doesn't work and then compound the issue by doing nothing to rectify it.

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

They need this sorting now, there is no excuse for putting in a system that clearly doesn't work and then compound the issue by doing nothing to rectify it then sending out default notices!

There @jonsie I have corrected this for you....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Yet another customer likely to leave, taking several contracts and payg sims due to the "can't make a payment" system (coining @Cleoriff phrase) being not for for purpose?

@Toby is there any light at the end of this tunnel? Surely they're aware how critical this system is for customers?

It's a huge screw up and although tbqh I'm not shocked it's dragging on, it really shouldn't be. I'm just really glad my DD is set up and functioning as I'd be furious if I was one of the many customers either unable to top up, or even worse acquiring black marks on their credit file due to O2 incompetence 😞

Message 17 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Please send me private message about this so that we can explore options to help you with.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 18