Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upgrade experience, not happy

baggy75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You would think that someone upgrading their monthly spend with O2 by two-fold would be in O2's best interests to make sure they had a good experience, not so.

After selecting my upgrade from SIM only to a new phone and bigger tarrif, I was looking forward to receiving my new phone the following day, as stated.

Delivery time was scheduled for between 6pm and 10pm but that was fine, and I checked it a couple of times during the day to see if it was changing. All was fine until 4pm when a message appeared on the tracking page asking me to contact the courier company. After doing so they said that they had not yet received the package so it would not be delivered that day.

So on I went to O2's website and after 30mins of explaining the situation to 2 different people, one of them confirmed that a delivery had not been made to the courier, but that I had to call someone at O2 and discuss with them.

I called O2 customer services and after explaining again, the guy on the phone said he'd call the courier company himself to find out what was what. It was now getting on for 5:30pm.

He came back to me in a few minutes and said that they did have the package and it would be delivered between 6-10 as stated. I asked if he was sure as that was definitely not what I was told. He said yes, absolutely it will be delivered tonight...

Of course, it wasn't.

So back on the phone this morning to customer services, and the helpful guy took time to find out all the info he could until coming back to me and confirming that the courier company still does not have the package.

He said he is going to have to contact the warehouse (to which he has no direct telephone number) by email and hopefully he should have an answer for me today 😕

As you can probably imagine (if you've read all that) I'm pretty pi^%ed off with the whole thing.

It's not the fact that I really needed the phone yesterday (or even today for that matter), but if you tell someone to expect something by a certain date then you need to make sure you honour that promise.

The fact that the right hand doesn't appear to know what the left hand is doing does not fill me with confidence that i'll even receive it this week.

But of course O2 are very quick to start charging you your new tariff costs, even if they don't deliver your new phone. So i'll be expecting a credit on my account for that.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baggy75 You can ask for the next day delivery to be refunded but you will have to ask for a goodwill gesture 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You will get a credit. Just call customer service when the phone does finally arrive.
O2 still doesn’t have a live stock system so most likely reason is that your phone is out of stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122891 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This happens so many times and I don't think things will ever change. All down to O2 not having a live stock ordering system. I would ask our Admin @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to help here.

If they can't, then you need to make a complaint. Bottom line, as you say, you are paying for a service and you haven't even received the phone! Outrageous practice actually

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @baggy75!

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with this. Have you made any progress with this since you last posted? I'm going to drop you a PM (private message here on the forum) to get a few additional details so we can get this looked at for you.

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@baggy75 You would have had a better experience if you had an O2 store nearby. You could have walked in and walked out with your upgrade. It's what we normally suggest, as O2's online ordering system is so appalling.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6