cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal, despite O2 coverage reporting it should be good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I wanted to open a discussion to find out (hopefully) that I am not alone with this issue.

I am located in an area that the coverage report on O2 website determines I should get:

4G Good outdoors. OK indoors.

3G Good outdoors. OK indoors.

2G Good outdoors and indoors.

I rarely get a good signal indoors and certainly not good enough to hold a conversation. I have tried selecting 2G only but the signal still comes and goes. The building is an old brick built structure and the walls are not particularly thick.

Two or three times now I have raised this as an issue on the O2 site as a signal proble. Each time they tell me there is no problem. This is becoming tiresome. How do I get O2 to actually investigate this further or would I be better off waiting for pigs to fly?

I have tried Tu Go as an alternative, but the delay and echo on voice calls is so bad that each party ends up continuously talking over one another or saying, are you there?.

Thank you for reading.

Peter

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Best way to check signal on other networks is to get a bunch of pay as you go sims and try them.
That way you know for sure if you get signal in the area(s) you are interested in.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried O2 Ask yet? Not as good as TU but may help you.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/o2-ask

@tracem wrote:
Hi Peter

I have had the same problem for about 2 years. No signal indoors and pretty poor outside. I live in Milton Keynes! So not particularly rural or remote. Tu go worked great for me but alas has no gone. When I report they just say everything is fine when clearly it is not. Not sure how to tackle other than jumping ship but still have no guarantee signal would be any better. Will let you know if I find a way to sort it.

Message 12 of 12