Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network & even worse Customer service

ELAY25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been a customer with o2 for a very long time, however the past year with them has been frustrating to say the least. I cannot get any 4g, barely 1 bar of 3G.. often reverts to E. Calls cut out repeatedly, I can’t even make a call from my own home... which I have been told is my own fault for living in a house! I can’t even make calls in my garden. I have moved my sons phone away from o2 to another network and his signal etc is now amazing.

Customer service chat today, person was rude. Again said when I take out a guarantee basically it’s not down to them to guarantee that I have a working network and if it doesn’t work then basically it’s down to which way the wind could be blowing or if Bob down the road is looking at a new lawnmower on line! Surely when you pay a fair amount each month for a service I am well within my right to expect that service or at least some decent customer service? Or maybe I should go back to the good old days of having a pager?!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ELAY25 if I were you, I'd be trying different networks to see which one works best.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only way Forward is a new network but try the complaints route, Resolver seems to get the quickest response, then maybe you will get to a situation where you can leave your contract without any financial penalty.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The complaints link is at the foot of the above page. 

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ELAY25 I'm in agreement with @jonsie's suggestion. If you moved your son to a different network and it's as good as you say it is, you've answered your own question. Hopefully you don't have long left on your current contract, or if not, O2 will agree to let you out of it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have never had an issue with the network, it's the prices they will not budge  on in trying to keep their customers, I was with o2 for years, kids wanted a new phone so just before christmas bought my son a phone, the offer was good, but alas the network ID Mobile was an absolute nightmare, could ring, text but could not receive any calls or any texts, customer service was appauling, so I returned the phone, had two months worth of grief, in the mean time returned to o2, people that some have mentioned in the comments, I have had dealings with in the past and always been helpful, yes i've complained in the past, it gets sorted!

Message 5 of 8

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In addition, with complaints if you don't get the disired effect contact community managers, they help more than customer service at times

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Amanda Network issues are normally due to an individual's location. The original poster in this thread obviously is not in a good area for them, whereas you probably are.

Regarding complaints, once a formal complaint is lodged, the community admin cannot get involved, as it is out of their hands at that point.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would say it depends on the network and location, I live in a rural area, two of us are with o2 and two vodaphone, no issues, a friend who is on BT mobile, can't get a signal in my house!

Message 8 of 8