cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor deals for long term customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for 8-10 years I have three contracts with you and I have just ended a chat session very dissatisfied.

In the last three years I have contacted O2 for a new phone just after release and been told that O2 dont do deals on the latest handsets.

With O2 having exclusive rights to sell the new Oneplus 5T, I can’t get it anywhere else.

So instead of waiting for O2 to bring in the “discounts”, I will buy the phone in cash and wait for my three contracts to run out and move away from O2, you aren’t the cheapest, you haven’t got the best signal and you dont do deals or discounts. WHAT'S THE POINT??

It really annoys me when years of loyalty means nothing anymore.

rage

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous O2 hasn’t done loyalty discounts for years. It’s o2 Refresh where you can upgrade at anytime as long as you pay your device plan in full

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous You aren’t directly addressing o2 here as we are all customers like yourself. 

To officially get your voice heard you need to raise a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you are now aware, O2 don't discount new phones. I prefer to buy the phone I want from the manufacturer and then go sim only.

Since O2 started miserly cutting customer add ons I'm going to go elsewhere. 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

As you are now aware, O2 don't discount new phones. I prefer to buy the phone I want from the manufacturer and then go sim only.

Since O2 started miserly cutting customer add ons I'm going to go elsewhere. 

Whereas I have decided to stay. Due to lifestyle changes I really have no need for Tugo and have never used world chat. I am keeping my existing Note 4. (with it's new battery it's still a flyer) and the sim only deals currently on sale offer are better than last year. All that said, I can understand why people with different circumstances do want to change...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Like @Cleoriff I'm staying with O2. As my contract is fairly recent (April 2017) and I've no need for TuGo nor have I ever used World Chat not a great problem for me at present.

However, when my contract is due for renewal and depending on the phones and offers available from other mobile operators, I may well move.

I can, however, understand how let down many many customers feel with the demise of TuGo and World Chat. And am not surprised they choose to move, if they are in a position to do so.

I really feel, though, for those customers who rely on TuGo who have no viable alternative with O2 or any other operator. They are between a rock and a hard place!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 6