Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service experience

Alwiya
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was contacted by an O2 customer service representative who wanted to iffer me a deal( i'm a 3 customer) we discussed what i was getting from my current provider, and she made me an offer, a very appealling offer i after say and after few minutes i was so enticed by the offer that i added another contract for my wife, but the offer and the all thing was a joke, because when i received the sim cards i had hardtime to activate them secondly when i went to the O2 store where i supposedly,( according with customer service representative and respective manager) i was to pick up 2 new free handset, but when i went to the store,(35 minutes away from me) i was told by a store representative my contract did not include any handset.

I find O2 customer service tactic highly repulsive and unethical, i do understand that the young lady wanted to make a sale, but if O2 service people are willing to cross the ethics boundary so that they can make their commission and go as far as to lie and deceive customer them O2 is not a company that upholds any standards and i,m going to report it to Ofcom for high neglicence in customer relations and unethical behaviour by any standards of its employees

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience @Alwiya. Have you raised a complaint about this yet? If not let me know and I can have someone look into this for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alwiya Do not cancel the direct debit as that may cause you issues further along the road. Hope @Martin-O2 csn help

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally I would agree that canceling a dd is not a good idea - but this seems like a bait and switch scam sale by a dodgy third party 'trusted suppler' that O2 should be ashamed to be involved with.

If a DD payment  gets taken then as far as O2 is concerned it's a live new customer with an ongoing contract and commission will start flowing to the third party. Whether there is a cooling off period or not the last thing the @Alwiya  needs is for 02 to be taking payments during the months it will take to resolve this.  Cancelling the DD will get payables and collections attention well before payment is due and indicate that there are going to be issues and flag this account as such, so when @Alwiya calls they will be prewarmed.

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Or maybe the revenue they generate, which O2 takes a large cut of, means they don't actually give a damn.Evil

Ligit third party suppliers like carphone or mobiles.co.uk often pay cashback  when you take a contract out. This is cos the way O2 pays them is by paying commission based on numbers of contracts sold. A bit like the commission 02 sales staff get. O2 only pay third party commission periodically and ( loosely) on the customer paying their bills and so on. So cashback is your cut of the commission that O2 pays CPW.

The bottom line is that O2 get the bulk of the revenues however the customer was acquired, and they will be harder to convince once commission starts flowing to the aquirer; who will get more than you would have got as cashback, but not a huge amount more.

Message 14 of 15

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So do we know who the scammers were? 

Message 15 of 15