cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor coverage since moving house in May 2017

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have recently moved into a rural area and before purchasing property, we checked all the relevant O2 call and data info.

Since moving in ( B75) there as been limited voice signal and reliant on landline. Checking O2 technical signal test, a statement of Mast not working and being repaired. This message is concurrent for one month.

Please advise why service is unavailable.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You are not talking to O2 here. We are all customers like you. You say yourself that a mast is down. You will have to wait until they fix it

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You can register for updates here http://status.o2.co.uk/ but O2 will never give you an estimated completion date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you use the iphone you can contact customer services and get them to activate wifi calling feature just go into your phone settings and hit the toggle for it after you have spoken to them that will give you far better indoor signal at home, i have the same issue but with wifi calling that solves the issue for me. its a handy tool to have and calls wont eat into your allowance so always a bonus if you dont have unlimited call... 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Wifi calling is also available on the s7 and s7+ but if you don't have one of those or an iPhone 7 you can also try Tu.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The only only iPhone that can use wifi calling at the moment is the 7 & 7+

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i forgot to add that bit,,,, slight_smile 

Message 7 of 9

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome you to our community! @Anonymous is right, the O2 community is a bunch of customers and friends who like to help each other out, not CS I am afraid. We’re happy to answer questions, discuss O2 or chat about any related topic. Cheers

As @MI5 told you, the best you could do is use Check coverage and network status site. We hope to see you more around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
its a handy tool to have and calls wont eat into your allowance so always a bonus if you dont have unlimited call... 

Just be aware that this is incorrect.

Wifi and 4g calling comes out of your tariff call allowance and will be charged at standard rates if you go over.

How do I pay for Wifi and 4G Calling?

It’s no different to a standard call. It will come out of your call allowance, (or charged at the standard tariff rate if you run out) in the normal way.

Find out more

http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9