Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Services

Carol_Stott
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Re: Poor Customer Services.

I have been trying to have a Pay as you go iphone unlocked so I can use a different carrier.  I have made five telephone calls and poorly trained staff have continued to advise me incorrectly.  I have added additional credit to my balance and each time I call the o2 advisors have advised me to Top up more in order that my request can be taken seriously.  I have asked how much I should top up before my request will be initiated and each time the operator has stated simply top up more until you iphone is unlocked. I am wondering how many other customers are on this merry go round?  

I agree o2 have a total disregard for customers.  I hope in time the Ombudsman will fine them.  They are so unhelpful and rude it just awful.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Carol_Stott no need to keep topping up at all. How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That sort of advice is just not acceptable. Unlocking is free so no top up necessary as long as the phone has been used on the O2 network. I simply don't understand why 5 advisers have told you this?

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

*Shakes head* Absolutely pathetic advice from O2 advisors!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably don’t know what they are talking about & want the customer to spend more money without them doing anything 

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm just guessing that the phone hadn't been used on the network and it needed topping up to activate it.

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Carol_Stott, and welcome to the forum Wave I'm very sorry to hear you feel the calls you had were rude and unhelpful, this is not at all the experience we want our customers to have. I'd love to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams, so I sent you a Private Message to get a few more details slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7