Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plays Death March...

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm having to send my handset away because it is in a coma. It won't turn on or charge.....:mansad:

Hopefully the turn-around from broken to fixed won't be too long. 4 working days the advisor reckoned....

In the meantime, listen to some marimba and new age music & keep calm.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

There is always an element of luck with Anovo wink
Water damage is their favourite con diagnosis.....

However, purely speaking from my own experiences it's all been good Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope your handset makes a miraculous recovery and recuperates back to full health.

☺️
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
My Xperia had to go in to O2 repairs twice - Both times it was a 24 hour turn around.
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 17

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Good luck? Now you got me worried. I just hope it's not the screen digitizer.

Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

There is always an element of luck with Anovo wink
Water damage is their favourite con diagnosis.....

However, purely speaking from my own experiences it's all been good Dance

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I don't think it's water damage. In fact, any leading hygrometer will tell you so.

It's under guarantee still so hopefully should be OK. If not, what's the likely cost of repair for a non-responsive USB port. There's definetlys some power in it however as I can't recharge it...

Anyway it ran down to 2% and after 1 minute started making weird sounds, went to 1% then poof. No USB response, a hot transfomer however I think that's working OK. As I used my second transformer for my tablet which is used for my tablet, Switched the data cables and other USB ports. Nada.

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If it's a simple damaged charged port, they are very cheap - Usually on a separate ribbon that just plugs into MB...
Of course it could be the control chip or even easier just a battery reset - Not sure if the LG's suffer from flat battery issues but some phones need a jump start if run completely out of juice.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yeah you could be right there. Hopefully it won't be like the "girlfriends' MOT" scenario.

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They probably won't tell you what was wrong with it - In my experience you will get a letter back with the phone saying "We've updated your phone to the latest firmware, blah, blah, blah" and it may include some random (meaningless) part number that was changed.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

They won't replaceit with O2 fimware though...that will make me really Hulk angry.

Message 10 of 17