cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagued by witheld numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a minor car accident about three years ago and lately have been plagued by calls from ambulance chasers.  I am TPS registered and the caller witholds their number. The names they give for teh companies are never traceable via the Internet (Latest one tonight was a supposed ACH)  I have tried telling them that I have no business with them and to remove me from their database but still the calls come.

I understand that it is illegal to make harrassing and witheld number calls like this and am quite prepared to take legal action against the company involved.

I understand that like the 999 services (UK) O2 have access to all witheld CLI numbers. How do I go about getting this information from O2 so that I can take private legal action?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the interest. I wrote to the accident claims management company (Kindertons) and received a reply to the effect that they absolutely agreed with me that the calls were unacceptable and swearing on their mothers eyesight that the number and my details did not come from them as it would quite clearly be a breach of data protection.

Guess what? The calls stopped dead within a day!

How surprising @Anonymous......NOT.... Anyway...at least they have stopped now..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 21