cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones Charges Whilst in Paris

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am writing this post having just recieved my monthly bill.

My Bill was greater than normal because my partner and I went to Paris to celebrate getting Engaged,

unfortunatly we arrived in Paris on that fateful day of Friday 13th of november when the very tragic events took place, we were there through until Monday 16th.

Whilst we were very fortunate not have been in those areas at the times when the shootings took place, naturally family and friends were concerened and hence we both recieved lots of calls to our mobiles and returned those calls and texts.

My partner has a phone contract with Vodafone and recieved her bill, they sent her an email advising her thet they had noticed the time and of course the location she was in ie. Paris so they would be deducting all charges incurred by her for that time she was there !

It may seem a small thing to everyone but for us that was amazing, thoughtful customer service.

Well done Vodafone !

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It was too late after the event but o2 should look at individual cases if a customer calls up. They know if calls were made to Paris or from Paris on those terrible days rather than any other province or city in France.

Message 11 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As @Cleoriff has mentioned, I provided some info previously in the below thread on this topic:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Paris-Terror-Attacks/m-p/927882#M64613

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 12