Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number with a virtual mobile operator under O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This question is a bit unusual.

I had a mobile number 079xxxxxxxx, it was with a small Virtual Mobile operator Jadoo Mobile which using O2 network.

but Jadoo Mobile became bankrupt this month and I can't dial out and no one can dial in

I tried to contact them but as they don't exist anymore, so no one answered my call and replied my e-mail. So I can't get a PAC code from Jadoo Mobile

I hope to keep the phone number as I've been using it for more than 10 years. All my job agents contact me by that number so our house income depends on the availability of this mobile number.

because they were virtual mobile operator using O2 network. Calls from a landline to my old number is still diverted to O2 network cloud,

I presume there's an exising service contract between O2 and Jadoo mobile to provide mobile network service. But as Jadoo Mobile is bankrupted they will pay O2 after the current network service period

could anyone please let me know what will O2 do with this number then?

Regards

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to call Cs but I doubt o2 cando anything about it as they don't own the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to call Cs but I doubt o2 cando anything about it as they don't own the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Was there no warning that they were going out of business?

I think it's very likely that you have now lost this number but call customer service anyway to see if there's any way round the problem.

Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Must be an awful feeling for that to have happened, and I sypathise with the OP, but I find it a little strange that someone would tie up their entire life on a mobile number from a MVNO and not have any backup at all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Must be an awful feeling for that to have happened, and I sypathise with the OP, but I find it a little strange that someone would tie up their entire life on a mobile number from a MVNO and not have any backup at all.

Have to agree, you'd think that they would either have a landline in place or a second phone on a network carrier & not an mvno

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

How awful.....I have never heard of them personally (which is why I wouldn't have gone near them) but that is no help to the OP..I hope it gets resolved.... but I think the number may well be lost

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The name rings a bell but I thought they went out of business in the early part of the 2000's

Message 8 of 13

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Despite beliefs, you never "own" a mobile number. Op could raise an action for loss of the number within the conditions of his contract, but that's like throwing good money after bad. They didn't pay their suppliers etc, they won't pay any small claim court.

Op, looks like the numbers toast. Sorry
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Who would the OP raise an action with if no one is answering their calls or replying to emails?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13