cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not being delivered...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the 08/01/15 on a Thursday. Phone left O2 and got to UK Mail on the Friday morning, and they sent it out for delivery the same afternoon. By 2'O clock the order was updated as 'Delayed'. I though 'Hmm not a problem, the storms are really severe these few days (I live in Northern Ireland), I'll wait until Monday'.

'Expected Date' changes to the 12th (The following Monday)

Long and behold the Monday is finally here! However the order is still marked on 'Delayed' I thought 'Ahh, just a minor website bug'. Waited all morning, afternoon, and evening and the phone was still not here. Waited until Tuesday evening too - and still nothing, tracking page still on a standstill with the last thing being updated was the Delay on the 9th... I called UK Mail customer service and asked for a re-delivery - the guy seemed friendly and said 'Ok, we'll sort that out for you!' and marked the Expected Delivery to 14/01/15, and the status now said 'Delivery re-arranged by recipient'. I was happy again as I thought I'll be getting my brand new phone tomorrow (As my S3 was broken, and old).

Wednesday came - Nothing.

I was in a too much of a pissy mood to call them back again so I called them back on Thursday. The 'nice' lady apoligised and re-arranged it again for the Friday 16th without specifying why it didn't arrive on Wednesday. At this stage I was really frustrated, and felt like shouting but had to contain myself.

Friday - Nothing.

Might aswell contact UK Mail each day for the next 11 months, saying they'll re-deliver it on the next day, the lying sacks of **** grin

At this stage I was so angry and started swearing at the UK Mail website while by myself - and still feel like it.

Called them up AGAIN (3rd time now) and had a very serious and frustrated tone on meand the guy told me that they left the parcel with another company and could not re-arrange delivery and told me to contact O2 to contact the other company for a re-delivery - so thats what I did.

O2 customer care felt much more welcoming and warm towards my situation and said that the alert for the issue has been raised, and talked with his manager to sort this out, saying it would either be there on the Saturday afternoon or the following Monday - I was like 'okay,thanks' and again had faith that my phone was going to be there on the Monday.

Saturday - Nothing

Monday - Nothing

At this stage I'm like 'are you ******* serious what the **** is it that ******* hard to deliver a ******* phone?

Next-day delivery my arse.

Contacted O2 again on the Monday evening, repeated the same thing as the guy on Friday, raised the alert, told the manager, blah blah blah. Said she'd sort it out for me and the max delivery time would be a max of 3 working days.

Tomorrow is the 3rd working day, and if its not here ill be raising some **** 

Feels like they have simply lost the phone and just wouldn't admit it, and my bill is tomorrow... Received all the 'Oh, welcome to O2, lalalala' paperwork and what my allowance offers me, etc, but still no device with the SIM card grin Ridiculous.

No matter how much you contact anyone they just tell you the same thing, lie, while nothing it being done. The parcel has been probably laying on a shelf for the past 2 weeks now while no one is bothering their back-sides to deliver it. Don't tell you WHERE it is, WHY it's not here or WHEN its truly going to be here.

Tracking side is still broken as ever, with the estimated delivery set to the 16th, useless company grin

Really hope im going to be compensated for this nonsensical waiting... Hard to perform my usual tasks as I have to use an old phone for £10 which can only call and text people for two weeks now...

Order was supposed to be here on the 9th - Today is the 22nd, see the gap?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can certainly appreciate why your frustrated with this.

Many posts have been made on the forum in regards to Uk Mail not making the deliveries ,but on the flip side others have said they got their order ok.

Some have also posted that after ordering online with o2 and then the phone soon went out of stock.

It's normally suggested to upgrade / order in a O2 high street shop so a person has a better chance of walking out with phone in hand - if a high street store is convenient to get to. If you went down that route you would need to first cancel the online order with Customer Services ,and wait a few days for the cancellation to update on o2's systems.

Always communicate with O2 via phone call and not with the Online Live Chat facility for account issues is suggested too.

I hope it turns up for you.

Regarding Compensation.

It's not for me to say your entitled to any but it can't harm in asking.

First contact O2 Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to request this.

If they cannot help them their is the Complaint Link at the foot of the forum.

Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

What an absolute nightmare! If I had been waiting as long as this I may be tempted to cancel this contract and either start the re=ordering process again...or go elsewhere if honest.

It's important to remember that until you receive the phone it is the responsibility of O2... NOT UK Mail (no matter what O2 tell you)

It sounds to me as if this phone is probably lost. I can't see any other reason for this delay from the 9th January....

I hope you get some sort of resolution asap wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
UK Mail again? What kind of a company is this? Call cs & get them to find the phone for you
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My feeling is that particular phone will never see the light of day again. Yet another woeful delivery failure between the 2 companies. 

I would cancel personally an go instore.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's quite common with UK Mail.
Here's one of many threads complaining about them http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Anyone-Else-Had-problems-With-UK-Mail-Delivery/m-p...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reminds me of a certain other courier company
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thousands of deliveries daily. ...there's always the chance of someone's going wrong.  Luckily I've never had a problem. ...

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, as expected at this stage, the phone did not arrive today either.

*sigh* Time to contact O2, AGAIN.

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions